Saturday, January 07, 2006

...catching up

The rush is finally over. Like my daughter, I feel the past few weeks have been a hazy visual of celebrations (holiday), sadness (UncleBob's funeral), food, visits (love that Isabella), decorations, no decorations, food, retirement preparation, tax stuff, getting picked for Cash Explosion, shopping, food, three visits from the Sheriff's Department, food and food. I can't even relate to getting back to work this new year, since I don't plan on finishing it working. I have innumerable tasks to complete before my final day. The work days fly by so quickly, it seems I get little done toward that end.

I told Jim last night that I was getting excited about our retirement years. We have both worked sincewe were sixteen and it is time. I have rules, however. We must both bathe, comb our hair (well, I'll comb mine) and brush our teeth daily. (Little goals.). Big goals include FINALLY getting the basement, attic, and garage in order, a real garden again, walking every day, and forcing myself to throw all my lipsticks away. (That will be the hardest.)

May this year be one of peace for all.

3 comments:

Skiingred said...

Sounds good -- I can't wait to see the "goodies" you find in the basement and attic...don't pitch anything till I go through it though...


And the lipstick... I think for people to truely appreciate what that means to you, you need to line up your tubes and take a photo..

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

line up your tubes and take a photo? Lisa for goodness sake I couldve gone my whole life without ever hearing anyone say that and I wouldve been ok... as for retirement, lucky you guys... I'm still waiting for the lottery commision to ordain me a millionaire or something... Also bathing, brusing teeth and hair, all those things are overrated anyway... As long as you hit the tub once a week whether you need it or not you'll be fine.... Just kidding, really though I think you guys will have a blast being retired but you may have to find some hobbies that will get each of you away from each other at times so you don't kill each other.... See you all soon as it is almost CASH EXPLOSION TIME!!!

Design Goddess said...

Good rules. Hope you stick with them! :) Congratulations on retiring! Are you going to have a big bash to celebrate?! :)