Thursday, April 06, 2006

...retirement?

I think something just might be wrong with this picture. I was up at my usual time (6:30), I am dressed, I am doing laundry and it is only 7:05. I suppose I actually have to have some kind of dinner ready for Jim, also!

I cried all day yesterday and was totally wiped out by 10:00 pm last night. Everyone at work was so very kind dropping by with well-wishes, little gifts, baked goods and cards. Two of my friends, Tina and Michelle, put together an awesome memory book for me, including pages and pages of written wishes from everyone. I am not just leaving a work place, I am leaving a family.

3 comments:

Skiingred said...

ha ha -- will probably take your internal clock a while to get adjusted to your new schedule... anytime you want to come down to Frishe's let me know! (however you spell it!)

Design Goddess said...

You retired?? Did Dad2 get to retire as well or is he still "bringing home the bacon?" Congratulations!

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

i think that would be the toughest part leaving the people... i'm sure the work you can do without as you probably have one of the most depressing jobs in stark county at times.... when i left ironton i took my last two days off so they couldn't do the whole goodbye and throw me a party thing... i was afraid i would lose it in front of everyone and back out of our plans to move.... they probably thing i'm an arse but i'm just not good at saying goodbye.... i prefer adios or seeya later alligator...