Monday, October 10, 2005

...lunch on my day off

I had nine packages of Maruchan Ramen noodles left over from when I needed one package for a slaw recipe. Apparently, you just can’t buy one package of these noodle things. OK…I’ll try them. What a strange food product. After following directions, I had a bowl of soup-like substance filled with long curly pseudo-noodles. Well, how do you eat these things? I tried a spoon, no dice. They just kept sliding off. I opted for a fork, wrapping the noodle things around it, like spaghetti. However, invariably, there was always one or two that managed to dangle…about a foot long, I think. I ended up just slurping them up, ala Isabella way, and pondering the texture. I think I’ll crumble up the rest of the eight packages and throw them out for the squirrel. Ramen noodles are now on my "hate like liver" list.

Speaking of slurping, Lisa would be proud of her Dad. He made coffee come out of his nose the other day at breakfast. Ewwwww!

3 comments:

I Think I've Gone Mad said...

coffee out the nose??? eeeewwwww... i bet you had a hearty chuckle at that one... as for the ramens izzy likes em but we usually make them as specified then drain most of the water off so that you have a sort of pseudo flavored spaghetti stuff... Not bad and truly CHEAP food... hopefully see you guys soon...

Skiingred said...

Personally, I prefer the noodles in the cup... a little easier to manage that way...

Can't wait to hear how the coffe came out!

Design Goddess said...

those things have TONS of sodium in them, so you're doing yourself and your bloodpressure a favor by ditching them!

That's awesome about the coffee out the nose! I haven't done that in a long time...last time it was milk. I think it was at St. Louis too and your daughter was probably the reason why it happened!! :)