Wednesday, August 17, 2005

...new shoes

OK, I just spent a whopping $14.99 on a new pair of flats. $4.99 more than I usually spend since I am so hard on shoes and the expensive ones don't last any longer than the cheaper ones. Besides, this pair was from Marshall's, which means they are a name brand (some Italian thing) and are probably good shoes anyway. But...the left shoe squeaks everytime I take a step. What is with this? All day I tried just walking on my left toes, since they don't squeak that way, until someone asked me why I was limping. I looked liked Chester. Do they make WD40 for shoes? Any ideas on how to make squeaky shoes unsqueak?

2 comments:

Skiingred said...

You could try a pancake.... or maybe even duct tape - that stuff fixed everything... Squeekyshoes? Hmmm... Gum?

I guess you get what you pay for... but hey... I think I have one pair of shoes that cost more than 15.00... All my shopping sense, I got from you :P

Design Goddess said...

Pancakes only work on hinges (your dtr is thinking of a "Guys Next Door" episode. They didn't always have the brightest ideas.)

My only solution is not to wear them at all, or wear earplugs, or hum really loud so you or no one else will hear it! :)