Thursday, January 22, 2009

...what lies beneath

Here is a sneak peek at our new kitchen light fixture! I think it's called the shabby/chic/make do/austere look! I think it will catch on!
This tells you how long it has been since we've seen the actual original wall! Libby wanted her name on the wall too!

We suspect that this picture was drawn by our four-year-old number one daughter, about 1979. Or else it was a visiting Mayan....perhaps a long lost clue to the universe!













Here is the corner, minus wallpaper and tile.

And here is the same corner; finally primed.













I have no clue how long the stove has been in this position before we moved it; I did not take a picture of the floor! As you can see, the formica on wall is disappearing, slowly but surely. I can't believe people put formica on the walls!! Maybe I'll try something new on the walls....like...paint?

2 comments:

Design Goddess said...

That is one creepy face that was drawn on the wall!

Good luck on the finishing of your new kitchen!

Skiingred said...

Awesome! I can't believe how icky the yellow? paint was on the wall.

But you have to admit, that was one cute drawing!